Sistema de Autorregulación Órganos de Control
Self-Regulation System Control Bodies
The Code of Practice Surveillance Unit (Surveillance Unit) works in cooperation with the Code of Practice Committee and has the support and counsel from the Legal Department of Farmaindustria. The Director of the Unit is Mr. José F. Zamarriego Izquierdo.
Principles of action:
- Confidentiality. Preserve confidentiality of its activities and refrain from disclosing any information about the processing of complaints until issued or publication is agreed upon.
- Truthfulness. All activities carried out to clarify facts shall receive the presumption of truthfulness.
- Impartiality. Conduct activities under the principle of impartiality and with full objectivity in the defence of the provisions contained in the Code.
- Independence. Independence from the interests of the parties and full autonomy in all its workings.
- Agility. Use the most appropriate means to ensure the utmost agility in its procedures in order to be effective in its preventive and supervisory tasks.
The Code of Practice Surveillance Unit may operate in Spain and abroad, when the activities subject of investigation are carried out by a pharmaceutical company subject to the applicable rules of the Code.
The Surveillance Unit may hold, among other, the following functions and authority.
- Cooperate with the Code of Practice Committee and the Jury of Autocontrol to promote effective application of the rules contained in the Code.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on the Code.
- Take any steps necessary to examine compliance with the Code of a given activity, requesting companies any relevant information or documentation.
- Manage the communication procedures for scientific meetings, studies and services. It may also perform site visits at scientific meetings to obtain additional information if there are reasons or rational evidence of a breach.
- Issue precautionary warnings to pharmaceutical companies when there is risk of infringement of the Code.
- Initiate procedures for the application of sanctions by the Code of Practice Committee.
- Verify by any means it deems appropriate and proportionate compliance by the infringing companies of the Jury resolutions and mediation agreements.